TODD F. MILLER
(732) 927-1040 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Red Bank, NJ 07701
SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Co-founder of award winning milSuite, an enterprise suite of social business capabilities that provides collaboration and information awareness across the Department of Defense. Products of milSuite have been featured on publications such as MSNBC, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and WhiteHouse.gov. Product Manager overseeing all aspects of the milSuite program including vision, product strategy, financial management, acquisitions, development lifecycle, internal operations, security, marketing, and personnel.
Data Systems Analysts, Inc., Tinton Falls, NJ
milSuite Product Manager Aug 2008 – Present
Responsible for performance and management of milSuite, an online application used by over one million DoD active military, civilians, and contractors. milSuite reduces federal spending by the elimination of duplicative applications, reduces travel, and provides immeasurable efficiency gains through connecting the DoD workforce and its knowledge. In addition to management and strategic planning, also a frequent speaker on social business topics and consultant to DoD organizations.
- Manage the milSuite product team, consisting of community, infrastructure, and technical personnel
- Responsible for the financial management and forecasting of milSuite including hosting, infrastructure, software licensing, and personnel
- Long-term advancement of milSuite through architecture improvements, data services and federation, analytics, alignment with strategic initiatives, outreach marketing efforts, customer interactions, technical support, and technology trends
- Technical responsibility and knowledge of cybersecurity, networking, virtualization, cloud replication and disaster recovery, storage, data management, auditing, web services/APIs, frontend/backend development languages, UI/UX, identity management, and IT service management
- Expertise in a number of social tools and methodologies including professional networking, community management, video streaming, virtual training/classrooms, surveys, and idea campaigns that enable innovation and knowledge sharing
Data Systems Analysts, Inc., Tinton Falls, NJ
Knowledge Center Product Manager Jan 2006 – Aug 2008
Product Manager for the Army Team C4ISR Knowledge Center (KC), a secure, intranet/extranet system developed as one of three original pilot programs for the Chief of Staff of the United States Army (CSA) Knowledge Office. Expanded the effort through wikis, blogs, news articles, and videos to communicate systems and technologies to the disparate community.
- Launched a wiki and blog to capture tacit knowledge during 2005 Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) and grew those products beyond the Team C4ISR audience to become the original products of milSuite
- Eliminated and reduced extraneous applications and content reducing technology costs
Weichert Realtors, Corporate Headquarters, Morris Plains, NJ 2001- 2006
Responsible for the management of a company initiative to provide training; project management; enhancement; and support for company proprietary online systems. General responsibilities included monitoring and facilitating all incoming support issues to Specialists, working with IT developers and internal departments to enhance and implement online applications, and oversee the development of system training materials with a staff of 5 employees.
- Reduced annual budget by ~$100K from the Weichert Recruiting department by eliminating paper processes, vendor modifications, and minor labor reductions
- Established a new department based on an identified need in the company for better technical and training support, and oversaw all aspects of the creation of the department including hiring employees, office space acquisition, and governance
Communities: Drupal | WordPress | MediaWiki
Creative: GIMP | Audacity | Adobe
Technical: HTML | CSS | JS | PNP
Office: MS Office | MS SharePoint | Jive Software | Google Docs |JIRA | Fortify
Bachelor of Sciences, Economics; Bachelor of Arts, Music; Minor, Mathematics ▪ Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, 2000 (Graduated Cum Laude; Member, Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society; Member, Omicron Delta Epsilon Economics Honor Society; Member, Honors Thesis Program)
Clearance and Certifications: CURRENT SECRET CLEARANCE, Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, CompTIA Security+
24th Annual GCN Awards Honorable Mention, 2011 (milSuite) ▪ Army Knowledge Management Award for Technology, 2010 (milBook) ▪ Won 2 Awards in Keith L. Ware Competition for Public Communications, 2009 ▪Army Knowledge Management Award for Technology, 2009 (milWiki) ▪ Weichert Realtors Employee of the Year, 2003 ▪ Weichert Corporate Communications Thomas Edison Award for Innovation, 2002 ▪ Weichert Academy Seal for Excellence and Achievement, 2001
BEYOND THE CAREER
Father, Singer-Songwriter, Musician, Hiker, Camper, Snowboarder, Paddle Boarder, Blogger, Traveler